Content Marketing, So Hot Right Now
Content marketing is hot. Content + Commerce marketing is even hotter. Why? Because premium publishers have the content and the traffic, and consumers are spending their time and money online.
How can you start integrating eCommerce into your content without disrupting the user experience? Native advertising. Below are 5 reasons why this works:
1. For the first time ever, more people are spending money online than in stores.
Consumer behavior is changing—they’re spending more time online. Take video consumption for an example: Today, we are watching as much online video as traditional TV. As we spend more time online, we are becoming more comfortable with spending our money online.
2. 62% of consumers said they’d be more likely to purchase from a brand if it gave them content that was more valuable, interesting or relevant.
The key is to make the information more audience driven and less content driven. When determining your content, focus on the audience and how you can provide value to them. This is a perfect example of why our Product Match technology works so well, because we are serving products that the reader is interested in.
3. On average, people click on native ads at a rate of 2%, and if it’s written/composed well, spend 02:30 per post.
Whoever commands attention has the power to make money. Native sponsored content, when done right, can be a money maker.
4. 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing.
Consumers are in the driver seat of their online experience, controlling what they see and what they share. It’s no wonder that custom content is the future. According to Yahoo, interesting content is one of the top three reasons someone will follow a brand on social media.
5. Content is one of the few forms of marketing that has a compounding return.
Content marketing efforts require consistent investment but ultimately can yield enormous results.